A 9-day intensive workshop at Solitued Farm Auroville
“…a dream of returning to nature , here there is nothing much be done, no effort is required, not even courage.” Masanobu Fukuoka.
Solitude is a 6-acre sustainable farming community specializing in natural farming and permaculture methods. We grow a variety of indigenous millets, rice, pulses oil seeds as well as a wide diversity of fruits and vegetables. We build most of our own buildings using natural materials and use solar energy, compost toilets and wind power. We host volunteers from around the world and there is also an organic restaurant.
We have been deeply inspired by Masanobu Fukuoka and his vision of a true road back to nature, growing the food we need in a simple and harmonious way. This lifestyle demands energy and enthusiasm but we also aim at an integrated lifestyle, finding space, equally for arts, music and inner exploration.
Permaculture is about understanding relationships: These workshops aim at a dynamic, integrated hands- on experience, covering diverse activities that are part of our daily life here at Solitude farm.
• The core of the workshop will be the application of Permaculture and Natural farming techniques (hands-on in the fields!)
• Traditional preparation of indigenous grains and food stuffs
• Daily reading of the “ One Straw Revolution” by Masanobu Fukuoka
• Field trips to related projects
• Lectures and discussions
• Morning meditation
• Emersion in local Tamil culture
• Project based learning
For more information and registration please contact: